On May 11, 2019, Royal LePage Nanaimo Realty will host the 11th Annual National Garage Sale in support of the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation.
This event will bring the community together to raise much-needed funds and awareness to help break the cycle of family violence. Proceeds will be directed to Nanaimo’s local women’s shelter, Haven Society:
Where: Royal LePage Nanaimo Realty parking lot
Time: 9 a.m. to noon
Date: Saturday, May 11th
Donations kindly accepted. We cannot accept mattresses, clothing or large furniture items. If you are wanting to donate items or volunteer please reach out at 250-713-7064 or email me at: email@example.com
Royal LePage Nanaimo Realty’s office is hosting this event because…
- Half of all women in Canada have experienced at least one incident of physical or sexual violence since the age of 16.
- 67% of Canadians personally know a woman who has been abused.
- On average, every six days a woman in Canada is killed by her intimate partner.
- 362,000 children are exposed to domestic violence each year.
- Our local women’s shelter served almost 4000 women, children & families during the past year.
As Travis Carmichael, Managing Broker of Royal LePage Nanaimo says, “We are excited to be hosting the Annual National Garage Sale For Shelter on May 12th in our parking lot. It’s an opportunity for not only us to help women and children that are in need in our beautiful city, it’s an opportunity for our community to help as a whole. By donating good quality items that you aren’t using anymore you are helping fund shelter for those who need it most. Every single penny raised at the sale will go directly to the Haven Society here in Nanaimo. It’s an opportunity for us all to give back a little. That’s what a community is all about.”