North Nanaimo is a newer area in Nanaimo. It has amazing views of the Winchelsea Islands and from some homes you can see as far as Nanoose Bay. Most of the homes are built on a slope to realize the gorgeous views so typically two types of homes; level entry with walk-out basement or a basement entry with living upstairs. There are many beach accesses along Icarus Road (Eaglepoint) that are well marked and have off-road parking. Be ready to climb down 100-200 steps; but it is well worth the effort. On a spectacular summer day when the tide is out, the view and beach cannot be beat! You will also see many eagles nesting in trees overlooking the ocean. Other beach accesses are off of Waldbank, Bayshore and Fillinger. The location in the North is very convenient to shopping and restaurants as Woodgrove Centre, Costco, Nanaimo North Town Centre, and Longwood Station are all close proximity.
- McGirr Elementary – 6199 McGirr Road, (250) 758-8946
- Four Seasons Montessori – 4960 Hammond Bay Road, (250) 758-8979
- Randerson Ridge Elementary – 6021 Nelson Road, (250) 758-5076
- Rutherford Elementary School – 5840 Hammond Bay Road, (250) 758-5331
- Frank J. Ney Elementary – 5301 Williamson Road, (250) 729-8045
- Aspengrove School – 7660 Clark Drive, Lantzville, (250) 390-2201
- Dover Bay Secondary – 6135 McGirr Road, (250) 756-4595